Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Hazardous to my health!!!

After we went down the coaster we decided to go to the alpine slide. I thought I would start off showing my battle wounds and giving a little background. Marlene and I have always been competitive with each other whether it be playing sports such as ping pong, or racing. Now neither of us like to lose which usually results in one of us getting injured in one way or another. Well this time I lost. Yes, you read it, I Trent lost the race, and decided to do so in a not so graceful and recommended manner by leaving some of my flesh on the track. I was behind Marlene and had decided not to break where I usually do so and went airborne on a little drop off and ended up fighting to just stay on the slide as opposed to eating dirt, rocks, and shrubbs that just did not look appetising at the time. What was funny was when I was crashing I looked at Marlene and saw the terror in her eyes. Yes it was a comforting feeling because I knew then she loved me and was concerned for my health. She had stopped to see if I was OK, and I had jumped back on my sled and quickly said I was OK. The next thing I knew she had her game face on again and we continued to race down the rest of the hill. All I could think of after that was she may not have been concerned so much about me, but herself, and what she would do if I died and she had to take care of the kids by herself. I really need to just realize competing with my wife is hazardous to my health and just surrender to her.

Here is a good picture of the bottom 1/3 of the slide.
Chad loved to ride the sled even when we were not on the slide.

No, this is not Marlene's game face. It is more a pre-mature celebration of her victory. She knew what was going to happen. Just look at her.
Chad liked to ride with grandpa more than anyone else.

0 comments: