Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Golfing

On Saturday before heading home Marlene had taken the kids over to Evita and Gregg's house while my dad and I played golf. The course we played was in north Salt Lake City, UT and was called Eaglewood. Here are some pictures of how beautiful these courses are. I would even dare to say I like the scenery just as much as the golf.
This course is surrounded by mountains on one side of the course,
and on the other side it looks over the Salt Lake Valley.
This was an interesting hole, because it looks as if you hit your ball over the green it would fall clear down to the bottom of the valley. By the way I did so and got lucky and landed on a little ledge and fortunately my dad was able to find my ball in the weeds. It was interesting because I probably should have lost my ball on almost every hole but never did.

P.S. If anyone is interested in how I played here is the short version. I played the Pro Tees because I do not have the opportunity to do so often and shot a 77, par is 71. Six over from the pro tees on a course I have never played before is pretty good for me. My father played the pro tees with me and shot an 84 but though he hits it straight more consistently, he does not hit it as far and so the pro tees are going to be a little more difficult because they are further back. He still played well.

0 comments: