Friday, May 25, 2012

Diamond Head (2)

We begin our hike to Diamond Head. We still have to get to Diamond head parking lot. Diamond head is the crater that an old volcano left, it was then a military base and part of it still is.
Beautiful views all along the way to the parking lot.
We are here! Now we can really start the hike.
The only way to go is UP.
More switch backs than a person wants to see.
Half way there!
This is where the military had zip lines they went to the now active military site to the left behind Trent.
We went through tunnels.......
and up stairs they say there is around 300 stairs. I think they are all right here. The stair master!
We made it to the TOP.
Looking back down to where we started.
Watch your step.
Headed back down.
 In the bunker, waiting to go down the stairs.
Like I said lots of stairs.
Much easier going down.
I loved all the pretty flowers in the parking lot.
So Trent started playing hide-N-seek.
Diamond head was beautiful!


1 comments:

Katie said...

I have to admit I'm a little jealous. Looks like you guys have a great time.