One of Chads favorite things to do is going on walks. Today I had decided to take him on a different kind of walk. We are very fortunate to live near what I would consider the best section of Pocatello's greenbelt. It appears as though it may even be under some kind of construction. The ground is being excavated and a new bridge is being put into place. Anyway, at first we had walked and walked to find the ducks and had reached the furthest possible spot to find ducks and there were none. I had turned to tell Chad that we tried to find ducks but we would have to save the bread for next time. Chad was not about to give up. He had walked so far, and was determined to feed some ducks. The next thing I knew 5 ducks had flown right out from the sky as if they knew they were going to be fed. It seems that Chad had said a little prayer, and it was answered. He knew we were going to find ducks. He is amazing.
As you can see Chad is a happy camper. He had just let the duck take the bread right out of his had but he retracts his hands quickly because when we first got there he had just put his hand out to pet the duck and that duck bit his hand. After realizing ducks don't have teeth he was OK.
Chads loved to put the bread right next to him and just watch the ducks cautiously walk up to him and take the bread. He would giggle every time a duck would get close. He is a lot like his mother, he loves animals. I think it is awesome.
I think the one duck taking the bread ate about 90% of the bread. I would say it was a pig, but that would make no sense. I think it was the most brave as well.
Chad wanted to watch them swim so he started throwing the bread into the water, but they would just go right back to him. Instead of Chad being a chick magnet, he is a duck magnet. That is OK for now!
8 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment