Saturday, December 22, 2012

I LIVE!!

The room mom excitement continues. At Halloween I had many phone calls to volunteer time and things the day after the flyer's were sent out. This time it was 2 days before the party 2 weeks after the flyer's were sent out, and I had canceled some of the things I wanted to do and replaced them with other things since NO ONE had called to volunteer anything! I called my dad and pleaded desperately for him to help me, (which I did not need to) because he was completely willing. I had bought things around Halloween for the goodie bags which I was glad I did. My dad bought some extra stuff for the kids too, he is amazing.  Then after talking to my dad I still felt so overwhelmed, and got on my knees and told Heavenly Father, I know it's just a class party not the "Mayan end of the world" (even though it was on the same day) but that I was overwhelmed and if just one more person would call I would be completely stress free (ok not completely but I'd be happy). About 2 hours later a mother did call and said she was willing to help!!! Yup, Heavenly Father does answer simple some what meaning less prayers to other, but after the phone call I let him know of my gratitude. At 9pm that night another mother called (it was perfect). I reinstated my plans and began to get everything ready for the next day.
Here they made reindeer ornaments which not only the kids loved but the adults made one too....lol.
 Since Brian and Kylie come with me and there where 2 children absent, we let Brian participate. Here they played "don't eat the reindeer" aka "don't eat Pete". They had a lot of fun with this.
 Here we made our bead and ribbon Christmas tree ornaments. Each and every kids tree came out beautiful. It was fun to hear the kids call me "Mrs. Murray" and my dad they called "Grandpa". Thank you so much grandpa!
 I took the drawing/treat station so I could still run around and help where I was needed. We cut it close but we did it! It was fun, kids were happy and very proud of what they made, and yes we are all STILL ALIVE!

1 comments:

CoralieandCasey said...

Wow, Marlene, you are brave to have taken on the responsibility! You are amazing. And I know Heavenly father answers little prayers too. He miraculously provided me with a pair of stockings for the temple lately since I was worried about how bad mine looked. :) Stockings! If its important to us, it is to Him. Glad your party turned out so well! And Dad IS AWESOME! Aren't we so happy we have him and mom?