I have had our curtains up for awhile now, but I have to tell my story. You see I have a husband who does not want to drill, pound, or make a hole of any kind in any wall in our house unless it is absolutely necessary. I tried to convince him of how this is a necessary adventure. He wasn't buying it...lol. So the deal became if I did not make holes I could get curtains, I was up for the challenge! First I thought it would be easy just buy these springy things and bam curtains were up.
But now how do you pull the curtain back, without attaching another thing to the wall. This is where I totally thought I shined. I went to Westwood discount bought a pack of 3 pairs of bow hair ties and sewed them to the curtain itself. (.69 cents)
Then in the morning you just tie it like a pony tail, no one can see the stitching and ta da curtains are pulled back! No holes!
Then came the unexpected part my little springy things worked well for the first few days then began to droop and fall down, so this is the next idea I had.
Stick these puppies to the top of the window and help hold the bar up, and these can be removed at anytime with no harm done to the wall. Not the traditional way of using them but who says I'm traditional?...lol
Perfect!
How cute is that!
Perfect for all of us and not a single hole! I did it! I love our new curtains!
2 comments:
Amazing! Way to go! I love the pony tail idea. That is genius. I may even do that here and I can put as many holes in my wall as I want to.
Wow, you're a genius! Pony tail holders... Now that is awesome!
Post a Comment