Okay I admit, I prayed for rain...yes..yes I know I wasn't very specific in what I wanted, and it doesn't look like a LOT of other people were either...lol. I was going to my moms house to drop off the kids for a little bit and when I was going up their hill it was the WORST rainstorm/flood I have EVER seen. The whole entire road was a river, there was NO high ground, it was CRAZY!!
This was when I was headed towards home with Chad. He was the photographer. He did an awesome job! Yup, this is Ridley's.
They were spilling out into the road too, I couldn't believe how flooded they were. Well when I turned the corner the lanes of traffic were all lined up so we waited.
We got to the over pass and waited some more.
Finally we got to the top and could see the problem.
The whole intersection was FLOODED.
Chad could not believe the amount of water, he started to get a little scared.
Poor firemen, search and rescue, police, and others were almost at every corner trying to help with the situation because streets were closing off fast.
Some were in it deeper than others, but we made it home and only had a little bit of water in our basement, nothing big. We did go and bail out the water in the window wells that hadn't come inside yet. All around our house settled another 6-18 inches (depends on the spot), needless to say we have a lot of work ahead of us moving dirt and building around the foundation back up. As of right now the grass is so soggy and wet when you step on it, it's like jello underneath your feet, ugh...well thanks for the rain, but I don't think we need anymore right now, and maybe next time just an inch or two would be nice.
0 comments:
Post a Comment