We went to the railroad to see what fun things we could find.
It was the Railroad's 150th year!
We went inside the building. These chairs are awesome the airport really needs to have these instead of those rotten ones they have now.
They gave us a bunch of souvenirs (hats, fans, coloring books, 3D glasses with 3D pictures to look at and information about trains). Then we got on the "museum train".
We read a lot about the trains history, very neat.
Then we went to get on the train ride.
This was the cutest little train I have ever seen.
Here we go!
Lots of fun.
Short video of some of the ride.
There is an actual guy that drives the train squished up in the front there.
See what I mean about cute, it had all the parts of a real train.
Even the Caboose.
Then on we went to see the big train.
Chad wanted to climb on everything and they let him so we got cute pictures. After Brian I was ready to move on but Kylie reminded me about her.
She said "my turn!" and pushed me aside to start the climb herself, well I lifted her up.
Cool engine.
Brian's turn now.
This time she didn't say anything she just went for it. I thought there was no way she would get to the first step but sure enough she got her knee up there and there was no stopping her.
I got to her just in time to stop her from climbing any further. What a girl...lol... if her brothers can do it by golly so can she!
Then she showed her girl side and wanted her hands cleaned off.
The kids loved Railroad Day and we all loved the ride, what an awesome day!
1 comments:
I really admire how you constantly find fun, local, (educational) things for your kids to do. I want to be more like you! Miss you!
Post a Comment