Yup a little behind as usual so hopefully I catch up soon.
This was one happy boy, knowing his cast was coming off.
Sawing away.
Yup it was loud and Kylie could not take her eyes off of it, both making sure Chad was okay.
Cutting the batting and gauze and using the spreaders. Almost free!
His arm is free! Yup that is a jewel he stuck in his cast the first day he got it and we could not get it out...lol.
On the way home we witnessed an accident. An SUV cut off a motorcyclist and when he tried not to hit him he lost control and skidded down the hill. I flipped a U-y and put on my hazards so no one would run over him while he was down. Then called 911 as I ran to see if he was okay (first 911 call I have ever had to make). My kids were awesome the whole time and stayed in their seats through the whole thing.
He was up and talking to me, said he probably wouldn't be talking to me if he didn't have a helmet, but that his wife makes him wear one. When I looked down at his helmet I couldn't believe my eyes, it was COMPLETELY trashed. I told him I was glad he listened to his wife...lol. Then grabbed napkins from my car because he was bleeding everywhere. He had major road rash all over his body and his BIG injury was that the top of his thumb was pulled off and hanging. I helped place it back with a wad of napkins and told him to keep pressure on it. I was also traffic control and making sure traffic was traveling around us safely, till the cops and ambulance got there. They told me to hang around and got a statement from me and then I was relieved of duty. I made it home and then broke down, shaking and crying (the stress had finally caught up). I had so many feelings, but mostly gratitude that I was a wife that made her husband wear a helmet too, and for good husbands that listen.
0 comments:
Post a Comment