This year for Halloween we tried making everything simple. I had so many projects going on in October: PTA meetings, Haunted History Tour kick off party, Haunted History Tour every Friday and Saturday of October, Syringa Fun Run, Soccer Practices for Chad and Brian, Soccer Games every weekend for the both of them, Primary Practice for primary program, Primary program, Leadership Meetings, Still trying to kill a gopher, Harvesting and canning food, Visiting Teaching, having visiting teacher over, mock haunted investigation at the Library for kids, Going to Rexburg for baby blessing, Being at school everyday for Red Ribbon Week helping, Scout Pack Meeting, Staying a night in a haunted location, and other secret combinations...lol. Now add in cleaning house, doing laundry, helping kids get homework done, feeding family, and everything else that keeps a family going, not to mention Trent at work on days he is suppose to be off, or there till 8, 9 or 10 o'clock because of a new system conversion they are going to and you have no time to get Halloween costumes done! Nor can I ship it of to Grandma Rawson to do it all because she's already helping me with some of these other things, so.....
I have the best family ever who made it , HAPPY and ALIVE through October!
Anyway, Kylie and I would be at the school from 11:30am till the end volunteering in the boys classes, so I thought I would do something little but different and I put on fake eyelashes. HOLY COW!! These suckers are hard to get into place, you pull one side and the other moves but we finally got it! I went as a Ghost Chaser, because I figured I'd be chasing ghosts, goblins, an other little monsters all day....lol.
Bought a dress for Kylie that was size 8 (on sale for $5), so my mom easily brought it down to size and added a few pretty things to make it Princess Aurora (sleeping beauty..aka the pink princess)
Ready to go!!!
First we started in Brian's classroom.
We bought Brian's costume because there was no way in heck I was going to make a Power Ranger mask of any kind. (Have you seen those things!) He was so happy to have his costume on.
They had fun activities like scooping ghost poop (cotton balls) from one bowl to the other with a blind fold, and bean bag toss through the haunted house.
They had the refreshment table that they decorated their cookies and had some ghouls punch. Kylie did not like the worms in her punch at all, she could bearly smile...hahaha.
They made mummy bags.
Brian being his Power Ranger self, and doing pumpkin bowling.
His class had a lot of fun and it was fun meeting all the faces to the names he is always talking about. He has some good friends.
Then off to Chad's class!
They did estimating candy in jars, ghost bowling, spider cookies, and don't eat Frank. Kindergarten is the only grade allowed to dress up.
Handsome Chad's look when his mom is teasing him, hehehe.
Then back home to get ready for the fun. Chad wanted to be Link off of Zelda. My mom wipped him up a hat and vest, and I pieced and sewed together the belt brown stuff...lol. I also put off his shield till Halloween morning, since I had no time. Chad made me promise he'd have a shield when he got home, ahhhh. I found a pizza box in the recycle bin, and began. It took me an hour and a half, but I got it done!!
Chad was always posing. Kylie figured she better look like she is holding something like her brothers. Brian was forced to hold his arrow down because he kept covering his face, and couldn't get a picture...lol.
Our pumpkins, I have pictures somewhere when we are carving them. Our little garden gave us 3 tiny pumpkins, perfect for us. Great Grandma Murray's garden gave her 3 giant pumpkins, which she gave to us to carve. However, after carving their tiny ones they didn't want to do the big ones because "it would be TO MUCH work", hahaha. So we painted faces on them instead, which they loved doing.
Then we went to go visit daddy at the credit union and trick-or-treat the offices.
They give out the good candy...chocolate!!
Trent's work had a costume contest, but managers could not win. He dressed up anyway, with his fart machine in hand. During one of their meetings Trent pushed his fart button and the CEO died laughing, so they changed the rules of the contest a little so Trent could win something. I guess if it was up to the CEO, Trent would have won the whole thing, hahaha. Trent would even push his button for different members of the credit union. I guess word got around because they even had people running into the credit union saying I heard you guys have a woopie cushion, where is he! Trent stayed at work for the 2nd Halloween in a row, and didn't get off till 9pm, but was still waiting for a phone call that he recieved at 10:30pm.
Then off we went to Trunk-or-Treat. Here is our Bishop. The headless horseman was one of the young men in our ward.
He looked AWESOME, I loved Chad's expression the first time he saw him, hahaha. He didn't know weather to fight or flight.
Cute kids.
We also found another Link too! See I did pretty good on my shield!...lol
After Trunk-or-Treat we went to visit, Great Grandpa Ramirez, Howard Gibson (have to keep traditions alive!), Grandpa and Grandma Rawson's house, Grandpa and Grandma Murray, and Great Grandpa and Grandma Murray who spoiled them the most and were so happy about it. The kids had so much fun and I did too, we were all tired and ready for bed, but it was a GREAT HALLOWEEN!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment